- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, Tipalink will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Tipalink will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless Tipalink obtains the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Tipalink will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Tipalink will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Tipalink will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Tipalink will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Tipalink is committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Users must enter an email address to register an account. Personal information collected and stored in a user account may include, but is not limited to: First Name, Last Name, E-mail, Telephone, Fax, and one or more Addresses. This information may be included in the Tab payment details shared with both the Link owner and the user making a tip. Tab payment details are emailed to the user making a tip when their Tab is paid and is shared with both users in their accounts under "My Tabs Paid" and "My Tips Received" sections.
Users may choose to activate a Profile to receive tips. Information collected and stored for a user Profile may include a Profile Image, Profile Name / Title, Profile Description, PayPal Account E-mail Address, Location (includes Country, State / Region, and City / Location), and Social links (optional). This information is displayed publicly on the user's Profile page on the website, which users may choose to share online and link back to.
A messaging feature exists that allows users to contact Profile owners and this generates emails. The personal email address on account for each user is NOT exposed nor shared with the other users during these activities, unless otherwise explicitly stated. The sender must supply an email address, but the email address of the recipient Profile owner is NOT shared. An email with the submitted message will be sent from Tipalink to the recipient user and to the sending user. The recipient user may choose to reply directly to the email address provided by the sender.
Tipalink does NOT track user activity outside of the website.